Tapastic Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Introduce Yourself Here!
by Aran_Froggatt Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:46 am

» Arkian; lots of purple glowy things
by Aran_Froggatt Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:39 am

» How to properly make a website for your comic
by scullpanda Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:09 pm

» What comic books are people reading these days?
by scullpanda Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 pm

» The Official Rules
by Viktor (Macrotis) Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 am
Top posting users this week
No user

Inspiration!

4 posters

Go down

Inspiration! Empty Inspiration!

Post by niina_s Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:33 am

So I wanted to know what kind of stuff inspires you in your work overall or in this particular comic. Other comics, art, movies, music? Let's hear it!

Recently I've found great influence from theater lightning. How you don't need to use realistic colors if with adjusting them you can bring great, abstract, mood to your scene. Some (especially horror) movies use this very well. Soo I've been having lot's of fun with coloring my newest pages and trying new things out Smile
Inspiration! Suspiria2

Also I've recently seen The Neon Demon and boy oh boy that's one visually stunning movie with great ost. Absolute inspiration fuel for me!

How about you? Smile
niina_s
niina_s

http://www.speardog.arkku.net/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Inspiration! Empty Re: Inspiration!

Post by Viktor (Macrotis) Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:00 pm

I get inspired by lots of things! The most direct examples I can think are the Dresden Files, Welcome to Night Vale, one specific vine by Thomas Sanders, and the Dead Space trilogy.

For more long running inspirations, though, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is basically my style dream. The humor, the characters, the setting... gah, I love it so much!

Viktor (Macrotis)
Spider Webmaster
Spider Webmaster

https://pensandpencils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niina_s Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:01 am

Tom Sawyer wrote:Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul

Good stuff! I think those shows show some excellent way to write gray-area characters. The Shield (not the marvel one!) is also one of my favourites on that regard.

Viktor wrote:I get inspired by lots of things! The most direct examples I can think are the Dresden Files, Welcome to Night Vale, one specific vine by Thomas Sanders, and the Dead Space trilogy.

For more long running inspirations, though, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is basically my style dream. The humor, the characters, the setting... gah, I love it so much!

I actually have dead space on my steam.. never got around to actually start it. I did some levels and stomping but then life got in the way. Great atmosphere on that one. I'm not sure about the sequels tho. I should listen Night Vale and read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I've seen only the movie, which isn't that good. But I love the dry humor in that.
niina_s
niina_s

http://www.speardog.arkku.net/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor (Macrotis) Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:48 pm

niina_s wrote:I actually have dead space on my steam.. never got around to actually start it. I did some levels and stomping but then life got in the way. Great atmosphere on that one. I'm not sure about the sequels tho. I should listen Night Vale and read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I've seen only the movie, which isn't that good. But I love the dry humor in that.

I think the first Dead Space is the best, since all the horror and such feels new. Welcome to Night Vale is great! They just wrapped up a big arc so we're in hiatus now (I think? Bonus episodes are still being released.) Good time to get into it.

I recommend the first Hitchhiker's Guide and the audio drama, but the rest of books in the 'trilogy' aren't as good, in my opinion.

Viktor (Macrotis)
Spider Webmaster
Spider Webmaster

https://pensandpencils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Yuri_Canon Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Viktor wrote:For more long running inspirations, though, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is basically my style dream. The humor, the characters, the setting... gah, I love it so much!

OMG! I grew up on the old Radio Broadcast and still own my old VHS of the mini series and love the trilogy to pieces. I was so upset when Adams passed away, it was an icon to me.

As for what inspires me, a lot of stuff. Mostly lots of manga, I read way to much.... But lately... for a number of years really, it has been lots of Vocaloids stuff, from character designs, music videos, short animated features. It amazes me how much people create of this stuff, since everything is fan driven it really inspires me. I mean one persons art was turned into a music video and that later became a short movie and then a TV series and video games... all because of one piece of art. This has happened several times with music videos becoming novels and full length animated series. All due to the fans. It is grown so fast in the past 8 or so years it is rather insane.

Anways, enough rambling, need to get some work done today.
The_Yuri_Canon
The_Yuri_Canon

https://tapastic.com/series/Yuri-Tale-Inside-OuT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum